Should Dentists be using Social Media to Advertise?
The short answer? Yes.
The long answer? Yes, and here are 5 reasons to get started if you haven’t already.
For the Video Component: With platforms like TikTok and Instagram reels gripping a swath of the population’s attention, it’s clear that film is an excellent source of advertisement. Patients of all ages now want to see what they’re getting themselves into more than they want to hear or read about it. They want to know what you look like, sound like, and act like before arriving at the dental office for a root canal. Video is a great way to introduce yourself as an expert and make clients feel more at ease.
For Visibility and Relevance: I’ll admit that I do it myself. For whatever upcoming appointment I intend to make, be it a haircut, pilates or something medical, I do a little investigating on social media. From there, I might visit the business’s website. My personal weakness is Instagram, though I know plenty of YouTube, Facebook and Twitter addicts that span the generational divides. Having a page on one of these platforms shows that you’re timely and modern. And while the content you post is critical to your social media success, the true goal is to increase both your visibility and relevance to society.
To Encourage Peer to Peer Marketing: Since the medical profession began, it has relied on a referral system to beef up its client network. Word-of-mouth remains one of the most dependable streams of advertising; the good news is that now, with social media, the referral system has taken on a whole new meaning. Online interaction with clients enables you to flaunt both your practice’s personality and expertise. It also taps into the human’s primal need to “fit in” - if a potential client sees that a friend also follows your account on social media, they will be more inclined to trust you.
To Connect with Other Dentists: Clients aside, social media offers an upside that’s beneficial to your professional journey in its ability to connect you with others in your field. Platforms like YouTube enable easy access to information we might otherwise need to hire a specialist for - like how to fix a carburetor or properly sew a button. With social media you’re linked in real time to dentists all over the world who can provide a litany of opinions on a variety of topics. Maybe you want to hear about someone’s personal experience using artificial intelligence in the office but you don’t know anyone who has started using it yet. With social media, you can send a direct message to anyone, anywhere in the world and likely have an honest answer within just a few hours.
- Everyone’s Doing It: Not to peer pressure you, but it’s the reality. If you’re a business without any social media presence, there is a chance you’ll be written off as archaic. If increasing your client base is the goal, at some point you will need to put yourself out there. There are plenty of businesses, large and small, that can assist with your social media strategy. Identify your goal, choose your platform(s), make a schedule and blast off into the unlimited world of cyberspace advertising.
Why purchase from My DDS Supply?
- You can save up to 40% on bulk purchases
- Shipping is free no matter the size of your order
- We offer 24-hr chat support for any questions at any time of day or night
- Your order will be packaged and sent in 1 business day, guaranteed
- We supply everyone from private dental practices to wholesale suppliers